EFL7850 F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic w/AS3X and SS
• The easiest to fly high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet!
• Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
• 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
• Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless inrunner motor and 70-amp ESC
• Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
• Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
• Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
• Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
• The unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology
• Includes a decal sheet to choose and apply the Thunderbird number designation of your choice
• Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically-secured nose cone
• Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
• Durable yet lightweight, composite reinforced EPO airframe
The General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16 is one of the most recognized and successful single-engine fighters in the world. Its amazing performance and capabilities are why the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team chooses to operate it with distinction at airshows around the globe. The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a scale replica that delivers incredible performance while also being easy to fly when it’s equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies (included with BNF® Basic version only).
The E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. Like the full-scale airshow thriller, this F-16 has an incredibly wide flight performance envelope—from slow and stable high-alpha flight to amazing high-speed and vertical capabilities. At its core is a 6S-compatible brushless motor and a 70-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. Factory-installed electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts make it possible to take off and land on a wider variety of surfaces–including grass—while keeping ground handling smooth and delivering a realistic jet experience. The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet strong, and the digital, metal-geared servos plus ball-link equipped linkages provide precise control. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest to fly yet highest-performance and most capable F-16 models ever!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with an AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) receiver that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first high-performance scale jet, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.